- Licensing Local Television - Stakeholder Event - 3/2/2012, Offcom, 19.12.2011
Ofcom are planning to hold a public event for potential applicants for
local television (L-DTPS) licences and/or the multiplex licence during
the consultation period, to provide an opportunity for us to answer any
questions on the consultation.
- Could US Style TV Work in the UK, BBC, 13.12.2011
Local television stations are on their way to the UK, with the culture
secretary announcing details of pilot schemes. But can they emulate the
success of American local TV?
First 20 locations set to receive local TV are unveiled, The Guardian, 13.12.2011
may be coming to a small screen near you soon – but only if you are in
one of the 20 towns and cities unveiled by the government as one of the
"pioneers" of the new service.
- Jeremy Hunt's grand plan for local TV wins no favors with his constituents, The Guardian, 14.9.2011
It was with characteristic good humour that Jeremy Hunt addressed the final leg of his nationwide tour to promote his grand plan for local TV on Wednesday.
- Ofcom announces framework for local TV, BECTU, 10.8.2011
regulator Ofcom yesterday announced 65 locations which it believes have
the potential to support local tv stations in line with government
plans for a new tv network of 10 or more affiliates from 2015.
- Shott Review of economics of local television – why not use the web?, TalkAboutLocal.co.uk, 9.8.2011
me the overarching question is why do local video programming on TV
rather than the internet? The internet does almost everything that small
audience local TV can do but far cheaper and more flexibly.
- Race is on for local TV service bids, BBC News, 9.8.2011
More than 60 towns and cities are in the running to host the UK's first
local television services, Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt has announced.
- Jeremy Hunt confirms major shift in local TV policy, The Guardian, 2.6.2011
Culture secretary effectively scraps idea of a national network 'spine'
in favour of 'more financially secure' individual stations
- Jeremy Hunt outlines plans for 'local TV, BBC News, 19.1.2011,
Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt has invited companies to run local TV stations and make the proposed new services a reality.
- Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt backs local TV stations, BBC News, 28.9.2010
Plans for a new "landscape of local TV services" in the UK would help
"strengthen local democracy", Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said.